Friday 31 October 2014

31 Days :: {27} :: quotes

Hey there friends! thanks for stopping by! You've found us at Day 27 of my 31 Days series on Celebrating Life. If you'd like to see all the other posts so far, you'll find the introduction here {includes post-list at the bottom} or the posts all here :)

So this is the last day of October, and it's not my wrap-up, and I wasn't going to post today, but in the spirit of posting every day in Oct {except Sundays}, I thought I would share a quote from Cold Tangerines that I really love. :)

"Everything is interim. Everything is a path or a preparation for the next thing, and we never know what the next thing is. Life is like that, of course, twisty and surprising. But life with God is like that exponentially. We can dig in, make plans, write in stone, pretend we're not listening, but the voice of God has a way of being heard. It seeps in like smoke or vapor even when we've barred the door against any last-minute changes, and it moves us to different countries and different emotional territories and different ways of living. It keeps us moving and dancing and watching, and never lets us drop down into a life set on cruise control or a life ruled by remote control. Life with God is a daring dream, full of flashes and last-minute exits and generally all the things we've said we'll never do. And with the surprises comes great hope."
~ Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines

And that scares me. Because I don't even like change at all, most of the time. 

"That's what I want. I want to arrive. I want to get wherever I'm going and stay there. That's why I was such a ferocious planner of my life. But I'm learning to just keep moving, keep walking, keep taking teeny tiny steps. And it's in those teeny tiny steps and moments that I become, actually, who I am. We won't arrive. But we can become. And that's the most hopeful thing I can think of." ~ Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines 
I can identify with that. And maybe you can too? 




this weekend I'll post my wrap-up post, thank you to anyone has stuck with me throughout this 31 Days challenge :)

love emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment