Friday 17 October 2014

31 Days :: {15} :: intention

Hey there friends! thanks for stopping by! You've found us at Day 15 of my 31 Days series on Celebrating Life. If you'd like to see all the other posts so far, you'll find the introduction here {includes post-list at the bottom} or the posts all here :)

So remember yesterday I told you a bit of a story? Yes, well today I'm going to share the first lesson that I am trying to learn from it. 

Right after that first day happened, and I realized that I was going to need to be getting more sleep in the near future, some things hit me. I would need to change some things up. My waking hours would decrease, which would, by default, mean that I would be able to fit less things into my day.  

But how to have make sure to get all the things that I need and want to get done, done? That calls for something called intention. Intention is "an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result." Which I think is just a semi-fancy way of saying, to choose to do something, purposefully. 

Because it's so easy to let minutes and hours and days and weeks and months and yes, even years slip by filled with little mindless time-fillers, and we can turn around and say, what was the point to that day, month, year? 

This is something that I have been passionate about for a while, this was my lock screen image for a long time:

But I guess I wasn't doing enough putting it into practice so God decided to make me jump right in. 

Do you have any tips for living with intention?

Come back tomorrow and I'll keep on with intention, because, now that I'm writing, I'm realizing that I have more to say ;)

blessings, friends!
love emma

No comments:

Post a Comment