Thursday 16 October 2014

31 Days :: {14} :: in which I sort of tell you a story

 Hey there friends! thanks for stopping by! You've found us at Day 14 of my 31 Days series on Celebrating Life. If you'd like to see all the other posts so far, you'll find the introduction here {includes post-list at the bottom} or the posts all here :) 

One morning, at the end of September, I woke up at my usual time of 6:30. It was a little weird, though, because I felt suuuper tired and achy. I just kinda brushed it off though, and tried to go about my day. Buuut, after breakfast, about maybe 8:30, I was just feelin' so bad, I couldn't even stand comfortably.  

So I went back to bed. I proceeded to sleep until about 11:30. At which point I finally got up, got dressed for real, and did most of the things I had to do. But I felt really tired, and went to bed at like 9:15 or something like that. 

My mother is convinced that I have been burning both ends of the candle for too long. It's certainly possible. Too long must be a long time, my body certainly waited a long time to rebel against my sleeping habits. :P

Since that day, I have been getting 9-11 hours of sleep most nights, which severely cuts into my waking hours. And I have this problem where I don't go to bed early enough most nights, which results in my not waking up {even if I set an alarm ~ believe me, I am an expert at turning off an alarm in my sleep! :P} as early as I would like to. And I looove mornings. 

Tomorrow and Saturday I *hope* to tell you two things I am *trying* to learn from this. And by trying, I mean I know I need to learn this but I really don't want to have to, and I'm kinda failing. 

be encouraged today!
love emma



No comments:

Post a Comment