Sunday 12 October 2014

31 Days :: {10} :: sleeping in

Happy {Canadian} Thanksgiving! thanks for stopping by! You've found us at Day 10 of my 31 Days series on Celebrating Life. If you'd like to see all the other posts so far, you'll find the introduction here {includes post-list at the bottom} or the posts all here :)


Sometimes, it's important to celebrate the things you didn't intend to have or do. For example, I didn't intend to sleep in yesterday. It resulted in my not being able to do all the things I wanted to do before work yesterday {including a blog post}, and I could have chosen to be frustrated. Also: I hate the feeling sleeping in gives me. :P But instead, I chose to celebrate it and enjoy the extra rest, my comfy bed, and the great dream I had {which of course I cannot for the life of me remember now lol!}.




Unexpected and unplanned things can be beautiful if we choose to see them that way. I know that I for one tend to become frustrated when things don't go as planned, but I am trying to learn to embrace the way life flows, and celebrate things I didn't intend to happen. It's a discipline that takes lots of practice. 

So sleeping in gave me more practice, something extra to write about this weekend, and did I mention my bed is so warm and comfy and cozy? ;)

what unexpected things have you celebrated lately?

blessings,
love emma


linking up with Chantel and Elizabeth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment