Thursday 16 May 2013

Delight in the LORD folks! ;)

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

When I was younger, I always thought that this verse meant that if I delighted in the LORD then God would give me what I wanted, He would make all my dreams come true. I thought, I like this verse! It's like the key for making my life turn out the way I want it.

Fast forward.... now I am closer to God than ever, delighting in Him more than I ever have before (and I've still a long ways to go!), and I see that this verse has a different meaning. ...sort of.

It still means that you should delight in the LORD, it still means that He will give you the desires of your heart, but there is a little part that I was missing all those years. When you are really, truly, finding delight (I need a synonym here!) in the LORD, then what you desire will be what God wants for you. And I don't mean always, I mean, I can't speak for later in my life, or in yours, but for right now, I still have the desire to sin, and obviously that is not from the LORD. But what I desire in my heart when I am delighting in the LORD is to have His will fulfilled in my life because I know that it is a million times better than my dreams were anyways. And you never know - once you decide to give up your dreams (still dream them! but be open to where God would have you go) then perhaps God will give them right back to you - made over and better than you could have imagined!

And I think that is just so cool! :) 


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment